Wine in a box, lets talk about it.
Boxed wine has some great advantages compared to the humble classic wine bottle which are:
- it lasts for longer when opened. This is particularly helpful if you are a solo drinker or just like a tipple once in a while.
- it's easy to transport and it won't break in transit like a bottle can do.
- it is the same quality. Gone are the days of boxed wine = budget wine.
- it's great for parties to share around enjoy with friends.
- it often works out as being a more cost effective option.
In our eyes boxed wine will never replace the bottle in terms of experience and aesthetics. However it definitely has its use and I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up if someone offered me a glass!